Offering Classes on UHSG Facebook Group Page and BlogSpot
- All classes posted on the UHSG group page, forums, and website that are not a specific UHSG/Enrichment Day class should not have UHSG listed in the class description. This is a class that you as an individual are offering to the homeschooling community.
- Fees for the classes should be limited to the exact amount it costs each child to participate in the class. If you are purchasing bulk supplies, list a general cost for each child and once supplies are purchased, divide the leftover funds between each child and return that amount to the family. If you are charging for your expertise in a field of study, then you must personally obtain a business license through the German government. UHSG is not responsible for helping you through this process nor are we liable for any financial issues this may bring upon you.
- As a diverse homeschooling support group, UHSG strives to promote opportunities inclusive of all homeschooling families. A preferred but not required method for our members to sign-up for your class is to create a sign up through SignUpGenius.com and to list the class description on the Facebook Group page. In the class description you will direct members to the SignupGenius.com site to sign-up. This will provide a first come/first serve atmosphere to fill the available spaces for your class.
- To help avoid as many issues as possible, your class listing should include the following:
- Class description and expected outcomes
- Guidelines for participating in class, homework expectations, supply list (don’t be shy, add a roll of toilet paper, bottle of hand soap, roll of paper towels, etc. as these consumables can become expensive), and any costs/fees with details of what these are applied to
- Timeline for the class, location, and contact information for facilitator
- Class size and/or age restrictions
- Parent contribution expectations
- Rules for your home or class location
- Drop-off/Pick-up policy
- A small blurb about yourself/why you’re offering the class
- SignUpGenius.com link to sign up
Example of a Class ListingReading Enrichment
Facilitator: Your Name (email@example.com)
• I am offering this class because I have facilitated this same kind of class at a co-op for two years, and my children enjoyed the class. Since we’ve moved here, they have wanted to have the class here.
Time: 1:00 P.M. – 2:20 P.M. every Wednesday from September 10 - November 12
Location: My Home, Cool Village, Germany
This class is open to children K-4th Grades, Class Size: 10 Children. Parents please come in with your children when dropping them off and if you are not required to stay, please arrive ten minutes prior to the end of class to pick them up.
Rules for expected behavior and house rules will be discussed at the beginning of the first class. For those not required to stay, please expect to be present the first class to go over these rules, get to know me, and see what a typical day will be like.
The idea of this class is to encourage the love of reading through classroom readings and hands on activities that allow the children to connect the different aspects of a book to things in their lives.
Children should bring their own crayons, pencils, glue sticks, and scissors. There will be a sign-up sheet the first day for additional supply contributions (i.e. toilet paper, paper towels, and hand soap)
The students will be required to do book reports in order to build their “perfect sandwich” throughout the year. The book reports will be age appropriate and the book report forms will be tailored differently for the younger children. In addition, children will keep a reading log that will enable them to earn prizes from Betty Bookworm’s Reading Rewards.
Parents of children at the Kindergarten level must be available to assist their children with crafting activities. There will be one additional parent helper for every class on a rotating schedule.
$10/Child - Money will be used for crafts and small rewards, leftover funds will be equally distributed per child and returned to the families